Thursday, June 28, 2012

Since then...

Welcome to BYU-Hawaii 2011 @ the Aloha Center
The last post you see of me here is over a year and half old. So much has happened since then and much more continuing to happen. With this amount of space I have no idea where to start. Those last days in Melbourne came a little too soon, although I know I will be returning home Im going to be giving a little bits of snippets here and there of what life has become of FML. In those few weeks following that fun night of Karaoke I flew into the 808 to become one of BYUH newest students! Not so new anymore I have come to establish myself very well into the scene over here. Island life is something you cannot earn anywhere else! So far my experience here at BYUH has been one big FAT reward! I do not exaggerate I elaborate! I have met some of the most loud mouth, outgoing, crazy people ever in my life. I do not regret coming here one bit.
Of course the life here has not been bliss everyday. Living through a tsunami warning and floods that constantly threatened school life here but that has not stopped the the thriving community of Laie from persevering forward.
College life is somewhat I had imagined it, I've gone through room mates like a zertec but am content with the one I have so far. You watch these things on the movies and always wonder what they are like, I'm sure they vary from college to college but for this one it goes as it is. The room I'm in is somewhat small, too small for my comfort levels but then again whatevs.  The cafeteria hoiiiiii don't get me started there! I just have to keep telling myself there are kids starving in Africa then the food tastes and looks much more appealing. Rules in general given that this is a church run school makes sense for the most part. The Honor Code is something interesting, something we all have abide to live by before we came to this school this concerns the dress code, behavior conduct, zero alcohol consumption and academic honesty and performance. Besides that BYUH is really inspired of and I was totally meant to come to this place even if I fail my classes! bahahahaha then my parents will kill me! doubt it but something along those lines.
So if you're wondering whats going to happening from here on its just a glimpse of what has been happening. Not everything hopefully everything vital. Even if it ain't words. Pictures will do the telling.

1 comment: