Friday, November 12, 2010

MODEST is HOTTEST...

OK... so I just got back from my evening run but before that, I made a conscience decision to wear a singlet. Reason for doing so is

1. because I don't feel comfortable wearing
certain clothing underneath when I sweat and

2. because I have two different colour tones on my arm,
so hopefully the sun will gradually help me out with this situation.



I can't remember the last time I wore a singlet in public... the only other time I wear it is if I'm swimming cause heaven knows I don't have the most appealing pack of puppies to offer the public eye. And so I am doing something about it.

As I was running, I kept feeling like someone is looking and maybe because my arms were exposed and I have not felt like this in a while or maybe someone really was checking me out... hahaha... FAT chance! THIS IS GOODNA! you only get jumped in this place (hence making me run faster... Note to self - that's a good thing)

I know somewhere in my head, in a place I like to refer to as "outer emptiness" is the word that I carefully tucked away... called MODESTY. What is Modesty? and What are my views of it?

The world says "If you got it than flaunt it" or "Less is More" but what I say is "JUST WEAR CLOTHES THAT FIT!" I have been taught that Modesty in clothing always determines your confidence in attitude and your relationships with others. When Modesty is taken into consideration all the Pleasing, Flaunting, Teasing, Pressures, Self-Conciseness and Narcissism is taken out of the Equation and you are left with Confidence, Gratitude, Honesty, Worthy and Classy.

But going back to my singlet, even though it feels good and feels right you still have to remember the boundaries that you have set and what you have been taught. If it doesn't feel right then it doesn't look good. And if you think people are watching you because of what your wearing, would you wanna know what they were thinking? honestly?... for me... maybe haha

2 comments:

  1. interesting post! lol it's easier for guys to be modest though...modest clothes are just ugly! lol jokes jokes I've just been struggling lately to remember why modesty is such a big deal, which is wierd cos it's never been an issue before for me. Btw I can tell u r totes intellectual from you blogs! No wonder BYU accepted u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. compliment accepted! thanks! can you imagine blogging about everyday life in BYU-H!!!! something to keep you excited!

    ReplyDelete